Pages

Friday, January 18, 2013

The Whole Point of the Week

"The whole point of the week is the weekend.” ― Angela Montenegro


I can't wait for this weekend. Not because I'm going to see Blue Man Group like my coworker. Not because I have the weekend off. There really isn't a TON going on in my life this weekend, but for some reason, today I am more excited about the weekend than normal.

I remember that when I was younger Fridays were my favorite day of the week. My aunt and I would get together on Friday nights to watch ABC's TGIF lineup. Boy Meets World, and Sabrina the Teenage Witch. My week wasn't complete until I had my TGIF time with my aunt.

Nowadays, I look forward to my one day of the week where I don't have to wake up super early if I don't want too. That day is Saturday, since I work on Sundays.

This weekend seems to have more excitement going on though. Tonight I get to spend some much needed time with my brother, Anthony. Then tomorrow, I'm going to get up and make breakfast for the four of us.

My dad's dad is meeting us for lunch with his girlfriend Pat. I really like Pat. She very much reminds me of my dad's mom. And I love my Grammy so much. But she lives in Las Vegas, so I only get to see her once a year. :(

ANYWAY! We are going out to lunch. They requested we pick a "Fancy" restaurant. Wonder why? Maybe they are going to tell us that they are getting married?? That would be exciting! SO, my dad chose The Wayside Inn in Sudbury, MA.

**Side Note: I wanted to have my wedding reception here... :( But it's SO expensive!

For those of you that haven't been there, (and this includes me!) It's adorable. And old. here are a few pictures of it. They have a ton of weddings there, and the Martha Mary Chapel is featured in lots of movies because it's so picturesque!

It's just an old inn, with lots of scenic areas around it. VERY New England!

There is the Grist Mill:

http://newenglandphotography.wordpress.com/2012/06/25/the-wayside-inn-grist-mill/

Then there's the Martha Mary Chapel:


http://www.westford.com/fingerhut/Massachusetts.htm


And then there is the Inn itself, like I said, very New England!


http://www.westford.com/fingerhut/Massachusetts.htm


After lunch, I have some down time. BUT then the Bruins are playing their first game of the delayed season tomorrow night. AND it's poker night with the guys!

Gonna watch me some Boston Hockey and win me some Money!

Also, every poker night, we are supposed to bring a treat to share. In honor of the Bruins first game, I am going to make Bruins' Hockey Puck Cupcakes!

 


I got the recipe from Delicious Dishings blog. I can't wait to make them, and post about them!!! :)

And then Sunday I have to work. :(
OH WELL!

Happy Weekend and  TGIF!!!!!
Oh, and GO BRUINS!!!!!!
-Gabbi

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I just stopped by and wanted to say you have a very sweet blog. And that photo you took of the chapel against the fall leaves is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! That means the world to me!My blog is a work in progress, and I am still new to the blogging world.

      The chapel is beautiful. I wish I had taken that picture! It is absolutely breath-taking in the fall. David Fingerhut shot that picture I believe! Alas, the one I took this weekend is quite a bit more...wintery! :)

      Delete